School District Homepage
|School District of Philadelphia|
|Policy and Procedures|
|Date Issued||April 1979|
|Issued by||School Health Services|
|Review Before||To be determined|
A. LESS URGENT SITUATIONS
A pupil who is awake and experiencing no respiratory difficulty may demonstrate aberrant behavior, such as:
3. Memory loss, etc.
1. Contact School Health Services personnel to obtain approval to transport pupil to the health room.
2. Initiate care as an illness, and assign an adult to remain with the pupil.
3. Attempt to ascertain the cause of the abnormal behavior.
4. Inform principal of the situation.
5. Notify parent or guardian.
6. Record in M 98, record of Illness and/or Injury, factual information only.
7. Notify the School District Incident Control Desk and file a serious incident report. Please see section #111.1.