School District Homepage
|School District of Philadelphia|
|Policy and Procedures|
|Subject||Transfers Special Education Pupil|
|Classification||End of School Year Transfers|
|Date Issued||December 1982|
|Issued by||Division of Special Education|
|Supersedes||Previously issued letters, memos, bulletins, etc.|
|Review Before||To be determined|
Special Education Pupils transferring to a Special Class Center/Junior/Middle School/Senior High School/A.V.T. Schools
1. Established review and revision procedures for C.S.E.T. and I.E.P. are to be followed with an emphasis on age-appropriate placement.
2. Three copies of Form EH 52S are to be prepared for each exceptionality. Two copies are submitted to the district superintendent on the date specified by the Calendar of Reorganization.
3. The district office is to identify type and level of program and school assignment of the pupils if within the district for the new school year.
a. If pupil is to be transferred to another district, the sending district superintendent forwards a copy of the EH 52S to the receiving district superintendent.
1. The receiving district superintendent finalizes the EH 52S and initiates the N.O.R.A.
2. The EH 52S and N.O.R.A. are returned to the sending district superintendent.
4. On the date established by the Calendar of Reorganization, an EH 52S and N.O.R.A. for each pupil are returned to the sending school. One copy of the EH 52S is retained at the district office.
5. When necessary, the I.E.P. is to be revised and transportation requested. Upon completion, the N.O.R.A. is offered for the parents' signature by the present school. If there is difficulty in obtaining the parents' signature, the district office is to be notified.
6. Forms EH 160, EH 6, I.E.P. and N.O.R.A. for each pupil are sent to the present district superintendent by the sending school on the date specified on the Calendar of Reorganization.
7. A copy of the EH 52S is to be sent to the receiving school by the sending school.
8. Sending schools forward other school records directly to the receiving school on the date specified on the Calendar of Reorganization.