School District Homepage
|School District of Philadelphia|
|Policy and Procedures|
|Subject||Admission and Transfer Regular Grade|
|Classification||Letter to Parent from Regional Office, Requesting a Hearing (Certified Mail) Lateral Transfer|
|Date Issued||May, 1994|
|Issued by||Office for School and Regional Support|
|Review Before||As needed|
A report has been submitted to this office by the principal of
the _____________________ recommending the transfer of your
son/daughter, _____________________ to Remedial Disciplinary school because of _________________________ (specify misconduct of student).
A hearing has been scheduled on ________________________ at _____________________ a.m./p.m. to be held at ___________________________ before an impartial hearing officer to determine whether or not your son/daughter will be transferred.
You will have the following rights at the hearing:
1. You may bring your own witness.
2. You may present evidence of your own.
3. You may bring a representative.
4. You have the right to compel the presence of School District employees and to question them at the hearing.
5. You have the right to examine, prior to the hearings, the school records of your son/daughter.
6. You may request to have the hearing tape-recorded.
7. If you wish to have this hearing tape-recorded, please notify this office prior to the date of the hearing.
If this time is not convenient, please contact my office at ____________________
(phone number) no later than __________________________ to schedule
Your cooperation is appreciated.