School District Homepage
808. FOOD SERVICES
Date Adopted: April 27, 1981
Food service programs of the district shall be directed at meeting the needs of the pupils in accordance with these guidelines.
Food sold by the school may be purchased by students, teachers, cafeteria employes and other employes and only for consumption on school premises.
3. Delegation of Responsibility
The operation and supervision of the food services program shall be the responsibility of the Food Services Director.
The cafeterias are to be operated on a nonprofit basis. A periodic review of the cafeteria accounts shall be made by the Auditor annually and by the Finance Director monthly.
The district shall participate in the Federal School Breakfast Program and the Federal School Lunch Program.
Provisions shall be made for free and reduced rate meals as prescribed by federal and state law, in accordance with these guidelines.
The Superintendent shall prepare guidelines for the implementation of a food service program including:
- the maintenance of facilities free from fire or health hazards,
- the purchase of perishable foodstuffs, seasonal commodities and other supplies,
- accounting procedures and depositing procedures for cafeteria funds,
- control, safekeeping and storage of food and food equipment.
School Code: SS 504, 1335, 1337