The School District of Philadelphia
440 N. Broad Street
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19130
Ten Schools & One Pre-K Program Near Parade Route To Close Tomorrow, All Others Remain Open
October 30, 2008: Philadelphia public schools and administrative offices will be open tomorrow with the exception of ten schools and one early childhood pre-kindergarten center located near the route of the Phillies World Series Championship Parade.
The schools that will be closed are:
- South Philadelphia High School, including Pre-K, 2101 South Broad Street
- Creative & Performing Arts High School (CAPA), 901 South Broad Street
- Norris Barratt Middle School, 1599 Wharton Street
- A.S. Jenks Elementary, 2501 South 13th Street
- E.M. Stanton Elementary, including Pre-K, 901 South 17th Street
- Bregy Elementary, including Pre-K, 1700 Bigler Street
- George Childs Elementary, including Pre-K, 1541 South 17th Street
- Andrew Jackson Elementary, including Pre-K, 1213 South 12th Street
- Academy at Palumbo High School, 11th and Catharine Street
- Fell Elementary School, 900 West Oregon Ave.
- Ellsworth Center, 1400 Ellsworth Street (at St. Rita's), an early childhood center
Employees at these schools should check the District's website for instructions.
All yellow school buses operated by the District and by contracted providers to transport students to schools throughout Philadelphia will operate as usual. Parents of students attending charter schools should check with their individual schools to see if they will be open or closed on Friday, October 31.
The District congratulates our phenomenal Phillies for winning Baseball's World Series Championship!